Dr. Vinita Krishnamurthy
Division / Project
Physiology / Nutrition
Adjunct Associate Professor
- 1989 - 1996, Ph.D. - Microbial Biochemistry, Protein Chemistry, Molecular BiologyDept. of Biochemistry, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- 1987 - 1989, M.Sc. - General MicrobiologyDept. of Microbiology and Biotechnology, M.S. University, Baroda
- 1984 - 1987, B.Sc. - Chemistry (Hon.), Physics, ZoologyFaculty of Science, M.S. University, Baroda
- Adjunct Associate ProfessorSt. John’s Research InstituteJuly 2012 - till dateBangalore, India
- Freelance Research ConsultantAbexome Biosciences, Strand Life Sciences, Exergen Biosciences2005 - 2008Bangalore, India
- Senior Scientist – BiocurationJubilant Biosys Pvt. Ltd.2001 - 2002Bangalore, India
- Research ScientistManukirti Biogems Pvt. Ltd.1999 - 2001Bangalore, India
- LecturerDept of Biotechnology, BMS College for Women1998 - 1999Bangalore, India
- LecturerDept of Microbiology, BMS College for Women1997 - 1999Bangalore, India
- Guest LecturerDept of Civil Engg., BMS College EngineeringApril 1998 – August 1998Bangalore, India
Bheemanaik, S., Sistla, S., Krishnamurthy, V., Sampath, A., Rao, DN. (2010). Kinetics of Methylation by EcoP1I DNA Methyltransferase. Enzyme Res., Jul 10, 302731-302745.
Srivani, S., Krishnamurthy, V. and Rao, D.N. (2004) Single-stranded DNA binding and methylation by EcoP1I DNA methyltransferase. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Comm. 314, 159-165.
Bist, P., Srivani, S., Krishnamurthy, V., Acharya, A., Chandrakala, B. and Rao, D.N. (2001). S-adenosyl-L-methionine is required for DNA cleavage by type III restriction enzymes. J.Mol. Biol. 310 93-109.
Rao, D.N., Saha, S. and Krishnamurthy, V (2000). ATP-dependent restriction enzymes. Prog.Nucl. Acids Res. 64: 1-63.
Krishnamurthy, V. and Srimal, S. (1999). Pharma and Business Tech., 3:17-24.
Saha, S., Ahmad, I., Reddy, Y.V.R., Krishnamurthy,V. and D.N.Rao. (1998). Functional analysis of conserved motifs in type III restriction-modification enzymes. Biol.Chem., 379: 511-517.
Ahmad, I., Krishnamurthy, V. and Rao, D.N. (1995). DNA recognition by the EcoP15I and EcoPI modification methyltransferases. Gene, 157: 143-147.
Krishnamurthy, V and Rao, D.N. (1994). Interaction of EcoP1 modification methylase with S-adenosyl-L-methionine: a UV-crosslinking study. Biochem. and Mol. Biol. Intl., 32: 623-632.
Groups and Associations
Alumni Association of the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India; Alumni Association of the Department of Chemistry, MS University, Vadodara, India; Society of Biological Chemists, India